Please click following link to return to Home Page: -http://www.goodleighparish.org.uk/

 

Goodleigh Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 4 September 2018 at 7:30pm in Goodleigh Village Hall

 

Present: Cllrs Mrs L Boyle, M Cloake, Mrs C  Karniewicz, Dr S Ley,  Mrs P Newell and A Seafoed.

 

 In Attendance:   10 members of the public, Cllr M Prowse (NDC), Cllr Mrs A Davis (DCC), Parish Clerk.                           

 

Minutes of meeting

In the absence of the Chairman, the meeting was chaired by Cllr Seaford.

 

75.      Presentation by Peregrine Mears Architects on proposed development at Chestnut View.

The architect reported that it was proposed to build four properties on the site, which the planning department did not oppose in principle. They had been advised by estate agents that four bedroom properties would be the most desirable. This was disputed by members of the public present.

Members of the public were given the opportunity of asking any question and raising any concerns, of which the increase in traffic movements in the village was a large concern.

 

76.      Items from the public

It was reported that the Woodland Trust had fenced off an area to allow it to be grazed by cattle. It was noted that it was the boundary that had been fenced, but not the footpath as had originally been proposed.

It was agreed to contact the Woodland Trust for their comments, and to discuss further at the next meeting.

 

77.      Apologies

Apologies for absence were received from Cllr A Gockmann.

 

78.      Approval of Minutes of meeting held 7 August 2018

The amended Minutes of the last meeting were agreed and signed as a true record.

 

79.      Matters Arising from the Minutes        

Min. 61          Cllr Cloake reported that the rubbish bin in the play area had been emptied, but he had not received a response from NDC to confirm that it would be emptied on a regular basis. Cllr Cloake to contact NDC again, with copy sent to Cllr Prowse.

Min. 66          Cllr Cloake had drafted a letter to the farmers at Northleigh regarding the size of vehicles using the lane, as agreed. This had been sent to the Chairman. It was understood that the farmers were looking into the problem.

 

80.      Reports

1.         District Councillor

Cllr Prowse reported that the agent for the proposed development opposite the Village Hall was in talks with Highways regarding options for the road access.

The case officer dealing with Honey Hill was due back from holiday the following day. As the occupants had not complied with planning and appeal decisions, it had now become a legal matter. 

 

2.         County Councillor

Cllr Mrs Davis stated that as the council was just out of the August recess, there was nothing to report.

She agreed to look into the ownership of the hedge near the school, but thought it unlikely that it was owned by DCC.

Regarding concerns over the size of vehicles using the roads at Northleigh, she would check to see if any reports had been received by Highways.

 

81.      Planning 

1.                             Applications:            None.

2.                             Decisions:                 None

3.                             Withdrawn:

65206            Outline application for demolition of existing garage/store & erection of dwelling with parking (all matters reserved) Coombe Cross Cottages Goodleigh Road Barnstaple.

 

82.      Housing Needs and Business Needs surveys

It was noted that the Rural Alliance was conducting the two surveys. It was agreed to place a link on the website and facebook page, and to place details on the notice board.

 

83.      Community Development

            Nothing to report.

 

84.      Christmas Lunch

It was reported that the hall had been booked for the lunch on 8 December. It was agreed that it should be run on the same basis as in 2017.

Cllr Mrs Newell agreed to organise the food. The meal would be followed by a quiz and bingo which had proved popular last year.

 

85.      Honey Hill

It was agreed to send a letter to North Devon Council expressing the council’s safety concerns created by the continued presence of the temporary dwelling at Honey Hill, requesting that the matter is dealt with as a matter of utmost urgency. The entrance to the site on a bend created a danger to other road users, with a number of accidents being recorded.

 

86.      Neighbourhood Plan

It was reported that it was hoped that the questionnaire would be prepared before the next parish council meeting.

 

87.      Emergency Plan

            Nothing to report.

 

88.      Correspondence

             1.        DALC Annual Report. Noted.

 

89.      Surface Water/Drains/Highways

It was reported that although some of the drains in the village had been cleared, others had not. It was thought that the contractor may have been unaware of their existence.

It was reported that a hedge near the school was overgrown. It was thought that the hedge was owned by DCC. Cllr Ms Boyle to pass details to the County Councillor.

 

90.      Matters from the Chairman                   

            None.

 

91.      Finance

1.        Payments

J & J Bins                                           £  26.00                     Cheque No. 791

Goodleigh Village Hall                   £  25.00                     Cheque No. 792

Mrs J Snooks - audit                        £100.00                     Cheque No. 793

Clerk’s Salary & Expenses             £  83.16                     Cheque No. 794

Came & Co Insurance                     £441.22                                Cheque No. 795

                                                                                                           

The five accounts were approved for payment.

 

92.      Items for the next Agenda:

Update on road at Northleigh; Christmas Lunch;  Neighbourhood Plan;  Community Development;  Emergency Plan;  Woodland Trust;  Play Area Rubbish Bin;  honey Hill;  Hedge at Combe Close.

 

93.      Date of next meeting: Tuesday 2 October 2018  

                 

94.      Items from the Public

            None.

 

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.05pm.

 

 

Signed . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  . . . . . . .                                     Date . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Chairman