Please click following link to return to Home Page: -http://www.goodleighparish.org.uk/

 

Goodleigh Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 5 September 2017 at 7:30pm in Goodleigh Village Hall

 

Present: Cllrs A Gockmann (Chairman), Mrs L Boyle, M Cloake, Mrs C  Karniewicz, Dr S Ley and Mrs P Newell.

 

 In Attendance:   6 members of the public, Cllr M Prowse (NDC), Cllr Mrs A Davis (DCC), Parish Clerk.                              

 

Minutes of meeting

70.     Items from the public

None.  

 

71.     Apologies

No apologies for absence were received.

 

72.     Approval of Minutes of meeting held 1 August 2017

The Minutes of the last meeting were agreed and signed as a true record.

 

73.     Matters Arising from the Minutes  

Min. 61.      The DCC lengthsman had visited the village. There was now no need to employ a lengthsman to clear the drains to prevent flooding.

                  Confirmation had been received that the Landmark Trust would have a look at the drains and clear those for which it was responsible.

                           Forming a Community Speedwatch scheme was progressing.

Min. 62       Cllr Cloake offered to make enquiries into the availability of match funding for play areas, which could possibly be used to purchase bark.

Min. 64.      There was no further news on the proposed development.        

 

74.     Neighbourhood Plan - Inclusion of Gunn in Goodleigh Parish

A request had been received from the residents of Gunn to be included within Goodleigh parish. Some residents attend meetings of Swimbridge Parish Council on a regular basis, but felt that they had more in common with Goodleigh. They would be attending the meeting the following week, when the proposal would be presented to them.

North Devon Council considered the proposal to be sensible, provided residents were in favour, and a letter of support was received from Goodleigh Parish Council.

It was agreed in principle to support the residents of Gunn, provided that there was no opposition from  Swimbridge Parish Council.

 

75.     Reports

1.      District Councillor

Cllr Prowse reported that the Local Plan was still awaiting approval. This was dependant on the inspector accepting that NDC had identified a five year housing land supply.

The Recycle More project now seemed to be working well after a number of problems initially.

He strongly recommended producing a Neighbourhood Plan, as it held a lot of weight in planning terms even before being adopted. 

 

2.      County Councillor

                  Cllr Mrs Davis reported that she was trying to resolve the pavement problem in Coombe Close.

The public consultation into proposed improvements to the Link Road had ended, with the decisions going to DCC Cabinet in October.

 

76.     Planning 

1.              Applications:

63663 Extension to dwelling Northfield Northleigh Hill Goodleigh

                  It was resolved to recommend approval.

 

2.              Decisions

1.    Approval:

63415       Extensions to dwelling at 9 Longland Close Goodleigh

2.    Refusal:

63260       Creation of access onto the highway at Chelfham Mill Goodleigh

3.    Withdrawn:

63093      Prior approval for change of use of agricultural barn to dwelling (class qa&b) at building on land off Goodleigh Road Barnstaple 

 

77.     Correspondence

         The following items of correspondence were noted:

·      Minutes of the recent Parish Forum

·      Changes to the TAP Fund from financial year 2018/2019

·      DALC Annual Report

·      Clerks & Councils Direct – September 2017

 

78.     Surface Water/Drains/Highways

A number of potholes were reported on the Coombe Close – Church Close road, together with the road surface being in a bad state of repair. To be reported to Highways.  

The road past Northleigh House was also in poor condition, and was subsiding in places. This had already been reported to Highways on a number of occasions, but it was agreed to report the problems again.

 

79.         North Devon Council ward Boundary Review

Cllr Prowse reported that under the current proposals Shirwell would move to the Bratton Fleming ward, but that Stoke Rivers would move to the North Molton ward. There was no proposal to move any of the rural parishes into a neighbouring Barnstaple ward.

It was agreed to respond to the consultation stating that Goodleigh wished to remain in the Bratton Fleming ward.

 

80.         Neighbourhood Plan

Cllr Mrs Newell reported that the normal procedure was to ask the neighbourhood whether they wished to be involved, and if so to what extent. Although this had been broadly agreed, no decision had been made as to how this could be achieved. She proposed writing to all the village organisations, asking them each to send a representative. She considered that this may be more successful than just advertising a meeting. This was agreed.

Cllr Prowse offered to send details of preparing a Plan to Cllr Mrs Newell.

 

81.         Christmas Lunch

This year’s Christmas Lunch would be held on Saturday 9 December. The hall had been booked.

Cllr Mrs Newell was happy to buy all the requirements for the lunch as she had in the past.

It was agreed that it should be run the same as previous years, but to include Bingo after the meal.

Cllr Gockmann offered to contact all those who had helped in the past to ask if they were willing to help again.

 

82.         Housing Needs Survey

The proposal to carry out a survey was on the agenda for the next Rural Alliance meeting the following week, which would be attended by Cllrs Dr Ley and Ms Boyle.

Mrs Sue Southwell, Rural Housing Enabler from Devon Communities Together, would be at the meeting. Unfortunately she was unable to attend this meeting of the parish council.

It was agreed to support the Rural Alliance in arranging for a survey to be carried out. 

 

83.         Review of Standing Orders

Deferred to the November meeting.

 

84.         Matters from the Chairman           

The Chairman reported that he had enquired from AirBand when Goodleigh was scheduled to be covered for high speed broadband. A response was awaited.

He would make enquiries into whether high speed broadband would be available in the village from the proposed telecommunications mast due to be erected nearby. 

 

85.     Finance

1.    Receipt

WPD Wayleave                                         £44.79

 

2.    Payments

Came & Co – insurance renewal                  £424.25                Cheque No. 674

J & J Bins - June                                       £  26.00               Cheque No. 675

J & J Bins – July                                       £  26.00               Cheque No, 676

Clerk’s Salary & Expenses                         £  82.47               Cheque No. 677

                                                                                                           

The four accounts were approved for payment.

 

86.           Items for the next Agenda:

Christmas Lunch;  Neighbourhood Plan;  Emergency Plan.

 

87.           Date of next meeting: Tuesday 3 October 2017 

 

88.           Items from the Public

In answer to a question, Cllr Mrs Karniewicz confirmed that the new seat would be varnished when weather permitted, and the timber from the old seat removed.

 

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8:30pm.