Please click following link to return to Home Page: -http://www.goodleighparish.org.uk/

 

Goodleigh Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 3 October 2017 at 7:30pm in Goodleigh Village Hall

 

Present: Cllrs A Gockmann (Chairman), Ms L Boyle, M Cloake, Mrs C  Karniewicz, Dr S Ley, Mrs P Newell and A Seaford.

 

 In Attendance:   3 member of the public, Cllr M Prowse (NDC), Cllr Mrs A Davis (DCC), Mrs S Southwell, Parish Clerk.

                                   

 

Minutes of meeting

 

89.     Items from the public

There were no matters raised by members of the public.  

 

Mrs Sue Southwell, Rural Housing Enabler with the Devon Rural Housing Partnership introduced herself  and her role.

She had met with the Rural Alliance in May with a view to conducting a Housing Needs Survey in the whole Rural Alliance area. It had been noted that Bratton Fleming and Goodleigh were the main settlements. A bid for grant funding would be submitted by the Rural Alliance.

The new development in the village would need evidence of a need for affordable housing, especially as the last survey was conducted some time ago.

It was confirmed that Goodleigh Parish Council supported the survey.

It was hoped that the survey would be posted to every home within the Rural Alliance parishes in the new year.

 

90.     Apologies

No apologies for absence were received, all councillors present.

 

91.     Election of Chairman

Cllr Gockmann explained that due to his professional workload, he did not have the time to carry out the role of Chairman as he would wish. Consequently he had found it necessary to step down, as from November. He would however remain on the council.

         There were no offers from councillors to take on the role of Chairman.

         To be discussed further at the next meeting.

 

92.     Approval of Minutes of meeting held 5 September 2017

The Minutes of the last meeting were agreed and signed as a true record.

 

93.     Matters Arising from the Minutes  

Min. 73.      Cllr Cloake reported that he did not consider it to be worth pursuing the match funding scheme for purchasing bark for the play area.

                  It was agreed that it may be possible to apply for TAP Funding for the bark.

                  Cllr Prowse offered some of his community funding for the project.

Min. 74.      The Chairman reported that he had not received a response from the Chairman of Swimbridge Parish Council regarding the proposal for Gunn to be transferred to Goodleigh parish. It was understood that the proposal was not well received at the last meeting of Swimbridge Parish Council. It was agreed to contact the Clerk for Swimbridge for a response. 

A similar request had been received from some residents living in Stoke Rivers Parish, but this was not thought to be appropriate.

Min. 75.2.   Cllr Mrs Davis reported that a bid had been submitted for footpath repairs in Coombe Close.

Min. 84.      No response had been received from AirBand regarding the provision of high speed broadband in the village. It had been confirmed that connection to the proposed telecommunications mast would not be possible.

                  There had been some confusion in responses received regarding fibre broadband provision in the parish. The Chairman was seeking clarification on the matter.

 

94.     Reports

1.      District Councillor

Cllr Prowse reported that it was proposed that Goodleigh would remain in the Bratton Fleming ward under the Boundary Commission’s review of NDC wards, and that Kentisbury + Trentishoe parish would be added.

    

He stressed the importance of Neighbourhood Plans, as planning inspectors were already taking Plans that were being prepared into account at planning appeals. Instead of incorporating Gunn formally into the Neighbourhood Plan, he suggested inviting a representative to join the sub-committee.

              It was noted that if Gunn became part of Goodleigh parish, it would automatically be included.

 

2.      County Councillor

Cllr Mrs Davis reported that improvements to visibility at Goodleigh Cross were due to be carried out.

A bid for funding of £79m would be submitted for improvements to the North Devon Link Road. DCC would also be contributing £10m.

 

                                   

                                    Cllr Mrs Davis’ report on the Link Road and funding for schools is appended to these minutes.

 

 

95.     Planning 

1.              Applications:

63736         Prior approval for change of use of agricultural building to one dwelling (class q(a)(b)) at  barn at Northleigh Hill  Goodleigh

 

                  It was resolved to respond stating that the council did not wish to comment on the application.

 

2.              Decisions:   None.

 

96.     Correspondence

1.      Highways had advised that the road past Venford would be closed 18-20 and 23-24 October for pre-patching works for surface dressing programme 2018/2019.

2.      The next Parish Forum would be held at Brynsworthy Environment Centre on Monday 13 November at 7.00pm.

3.      The next Parish & Town Council Highways Conference would be held at High Bickington Community Centre on Wednesday 15 November. Cllr Cloak indicated that he hoped to attend.

4.      A complaint had been received about a black bin being left in the road during the week. This had been reported to NDC who had visited the village but could not find the bin.

                  Cllr Mrs Newell offered to speak to the householder

 

97.     Surface Water/Drains/Highways

                  1.      It was reported that the loose flagstone in Church Close had not been repaired.

2.      It was reported that bags of nappies had been dumped on the road between Goodleigh and Gunn, possibly having been thrown from a car. Fly tipping was also reported in Stoke Lane. Cllr Mrs Karniewicz offered to report matter to NDC.     

 

98.     Emergency Plan

Cllr Mrs Newell had produced an Action Plan and a questionnaire. These were circulated to councillors for checking and comments for the next meeting.

 

99.     Neighbourhood Plan

Cllr Mrs Newell reported that she had received useful information from Cllr Prowse into preparing a Neighbourhood Plan.

She was seeking advice from NDC regarding the inclusion of Gunn. NDC were investigating the matter and would advise in due course.

The next step would be to form a sub-committee to take the Plan forward. It was agreed that Cllrs Cloake, Mrs Karniewicz, Dr Ley and Mrs Newell should form the sub committee, and meet before the next council meeting.  

 

 

100.   Christmas Lunch

A list of names of those invited to the 2016 lunch was passed to Cllr Dr Ley. Most of the arrangements were in hand.

 

101.   Matters from the Chairman           

The Chairman proposed that a poppy wreath should be purchased for this year’s Remembrance Service. This was agreed. Cllr Ms Boyle to arrange.

 

102.   Finance

 

1.    Receipt

50% Grant and Precept                              £1876.08

 

2.    Payments

Goodleigh Village Hall                              £  22.00               Cheque No. 678

J & J Bins                                                 £  26.00               Cheque No. 679

North Devon Homes – Play Area rent          £    7.50               Cheque No. 680

Clerk’s Salary & Expenses                         £  83.12               Cheque No. 681

Mr A Seaford – Thank-you cards (Fun Day) £    6.50                        Cheque No. 682

                                                                                                           

The five accounts were approved for payment.

 

103.   Items for the next Agenda:

Election of Chairman;  Highway Conference; Christmas Lunch;  Emergency Plan;  Neighbourhood Plan;  Play Bark/TAP Funding 

 

104.   Date of next meeting: Tuesday 7 November 2017  

                 

105.   Items from the Public

It was reported that someone had cleared the ivy from the bus shelter. Thanks were extended to whoever had carried out the work. A thank-you would also be put on the website.

 

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 9:10pm.