Please click following link to return to Home Page: -http://www.goodleighparish.org.uk/

 

Goodleigh Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 7 November 2017 at 7:30pm in Goodleigh Village Hall

 

Present:   Cllrs A Gockmann(Chairman), M Cloake, Mrs C  Karniewicz, Dr S Ley, Mrs P Newell and A Seaford

.

In Attendance: 2 members of the public, Parish Clerk.

 

Minutes of meeting

 

106.    Items from the public

No matters raised.  

 

107.    Apologies

Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs Ms L Boyle, Cllr M Prowse (NDC),  and Cllr Mrs A Davis (DCC)

 

108.    Election of Chairman

No nominations were received. It was agreed to make enquiries from the DALC into the position regarding a council having no Chairman.

 

109.    Approval of Minutes of meeting held 3 October 2017

Min. 74 was amended to record that the request to include a portion of Stoke Rivers parish in Goodleigh was thought to need further consideration.

 

The amended Minutes of the last meeting were agreed and signed as a true record.

 

110.    Matters Arising from the Minutes        

Cllr Gockmann to speak to Planning Department regarding the parish council’s involvement in the proposed development in the village

Min.74.          Clerk to contact Swimbridge Parish Council regarding request to transfer Gunn into Goodleigh parish.

Min. 84.         A response had been received regarding the claimed provision of fibre broadband in the village by Airband. This would be posted on the website.

 

111.    Reports

1.         District Councillor

                  None – District Councillor not present.

 

2.         County Councillor

                        None – County Councillor not present.

 

112.    Planning 

1.                             Applications:            None received.

 

2.                             Decision – Approval:

63663 Extension to dwelling at Northfield Northleigh Hill Goodleigh Barnstaple

63736 Prior approval for change of use of agricultural building to one dwelling (class q(a)(b)) at barn at Northleigh Hill Goodleigh

63839 Prior notification for creation of agricultural access track at land off of Goodleigh Road Goodleigh

 

113.    Correspondence

1.         NDC advised that with effect from 2018/2019 financial year the Parish Grant would be reduced by 50%, and withdrawn completely the following year.

2.         An enquiry had been received from NDC into whether the parish had any projects planned that could be eligible for S106 funding. It was noted that there was nothing at present.

            3.         NDC had advised that the next Parish Forum would be on 14 November at Brynsworthy.

4.         A request had been received from DCC for updates to their Snow Warden register. At was agreed to contact Mr Thorne. It was noted that DCC would only be filling salt bins when requested.

5.         DCC advised that the road between Collard Bridge and Goodleigh Cross would be closed for drainage work at Riversmead 8-22 January 2018.

            6.         Healthwatch Voices – Autumn 2017. Noted.

 

114.    Surface Water/Drains/Highways

            It was reported that used nappies were continuing to be dumped on the roadside.

It was reported that some of the white lines were now completely worn away, including the ‘SLOW’ at the top of the village, which needed reinstating.

There was increased problems with inconsiderately park cars at school times. Complaints from parishioners had been received by Cllr Gockmann.

Cllr Cloake would be attending the Highways Conference the following week, and would make enquiries from the parish if possible.

 

115.    Emergency Plan

            The parish had been split into smaller areas, and list of houses distributed to councillors.

            An Action Plan would be circulated for councillors to study.

 

116.    Neighbourhood Plan

            A meeting of the subcommittee had taken place.

            The application and map was ready to be submitted to Mr Townsend at North Devon Council.

The various organisations in the village had been invited to send a representative to an initial meeting of the Steering Group.

 

117.    Christmas Lunch

            The lunch would be held on 9 December, and would be followed by bingo and a quiz.

            It was noted that everything was in hand, and the usual helpers asked for their help.

 

118.    Play Bark/TAP Funding

It was agreed to contact NDC to enquire if it was known if other parishes were looking to replace bark in their play areas that Goodleigh could team with.

 

119.    Matters from the Chairman                   

            None.

 

120.    Finance

1.        Application for Grant

A request for a grant had been received from the Parish Church for help towards the cost of maintaining the churchyard. It was agreed to make a grant of £250, this being the amount allocated in the budget.                                                                                                            Cheque No. 687

 

2.        Payments

Goodleigh Village Hall                               £  25.00                     Cheque No. 683

J & J Bins                                                       £  26.00                     Cheque No. 684

Clerk’s Salary & Expenses                         £  83.77                     Cheque No. 685

Mr A Woodacre                                           £  20.00                                Cheque No. 686

Mr D Mallabone – grass cutting                £700.00                     Cheque No. 688

                                                                                                           

The five accounts were approved for payment.

 

121.    Items for the next Agenda:

            Christmas Lunch;  Neighbourhood Plan;  URC Covenant

 

122.    Date of next meeting: Tuesday 5 December 2017  

                 

123.    Items from the Public

            None.

 

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 9.00pm.