Please click following link to return to Home Page: -http://www.goodleighparish.org.uk/

 

Goodleigh Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Annual Parish Council Meeting held on Tuesday 1 May 2018 at 7:30pm at Goodleigh Village Hall.

 

Present: Cllrs Ms L Boyle, M Cloake, Mrs C  Karniewicz, Dr S Ley and A Seaford.

 

In Attendance: 1 member of the public, Cllr M Prowse (NDC), Cllr Mrs A Davis (DCC), Parish Clerk.

                                   

Minutes of meeting

 

1.        Election of Chairman and Vice Chairman

When sending his apologies for not being able to attend the meeting, Cllr Gockmann indicated that if no-one wished to take the role of Chairman, he would be willing to continue.

1.        Chairman

Cllr Gockmann was propose as Chairman for the coming year by Cllr Dr Ley. Seconded by Cllr Ms Boyle. All in agreement.

2. Vice Chairman

There were no nominations for vice Chairman.

 

2.             Items from the public

A complaint was received that a streetlight was lit all day and night. Clerk to report the fault.

 

3.         Apologies

Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs A Gockmann and Mrs P Newell.

 

4.         Approval of Minutes of meeting held 3 April 2018

The Minutes of the last meeting were agreed and signed as a true record.

 

5.         Matters Arising from the Minutes        

Min. 200.       Cllr Prowse confirmed that the inspector had ruled at Appeal that the site at Honey Hill had to vacated by the end of May 2019.

Min 202.3     Planning Enforcement had been informed that building work was being carried out on a barn at Eastacott. Cllr Prowse offered to speak to the planning department.  

 

6.         Reports

None.

 

7.         Planning 

1.                             Application:

64676      Conversion of agricultural building to form one dwelling (part retrospective) Northleigh Hill Goodleigh

 

                  Concern was expressed over the impact the application would have on the neighbouring property, in particular the loss of privacy.

                  It was agreed to request that the planning officer visits the site to determine the impact on the neighbours, and that opaque glass be installed.

 

 It was resolved to object to the application as submitted..

 

64575      Conversion of barn to form one dwelling together with alterations to vehicular access Pitt Court Farm Goodleigh

 

                  It was resolved to recommend refusal of the application due to the access being on a dangerous corner , around which traffic travels at high speed.

                  Concerns was also expressed over adequate drainage being installed to cope with surface water from the road.

 

2.                             Decisions - Approval:       

64408      Change of use of land to allow siting & use of caravan to provide one unit of holiday accommodation Coombe Farm Goodleigh

64564      Erection of detached garage & secure implement store Youldon House Goodleigh

64565      Listed building application for erection of detached garage & secure implement store Youldon House Goodleigh

 

8.         Correspondence

1.         DCC – Notification of a Road Closure at Northleigh 9-11 July for the installation of a new fibre cable. Concern was raised by a resident who had been trying to obtain more information in relation to his business, and would be seriously affected if lorries could not get through. Cllr Mrs Davis suggested he contacted the contractor – A Plant Lux.

2.         Notification had been received that the next Rural Alliance meeting would be at Bratton Fleming on 23 May at 7pm. Noted.

3.         DALC newsletter. Noted.

 

9.         Surface Water/Drains/Highways

Cllr Mrs Davis reported that although DCC had agreed to carry out the necessary work at Northleigh, no date was yet available.

Potholes were reported at Chelfham, Northleigh and at the crossroads in the village. Clerk to report.

 

10.      Community Development

            No further news had been received.

 

11.      Play Area

Cllr Cloake reported that he had obtained a quote from Travis Perkins of £355.72 for the supply of play bark. It was agreed to accept the quotation, and to request help in spreading the bark when the delivery date was known. It was agreed to look at other items that had been identified as needing attention at the same time as spreading the bark. 

 

12.      Neighbourhood Plan

Minutes of the meeting held on 18 April had been circulated to councillors. Another meeting was planned for 20 June.

It had been proposed that a questionnaire be produced to obtain the views of parishioners.

           

13.      Fun Day

The Fun Day would be similar to that held last year. the schoolchildren were producing the posters, the date of the judging of which was still to be arranged.

            It was agreed that the events should start t the slightly earlier time of 1.30pm.

 

14.      Social Media           

Cllr Mrs Karniewicz reported that she has prepared a Facebook page for the parish council. It was agreed that this should go live, as used as a means to communicate with parishioners..

 

15.      Matters from the Chairman                   

            None.

 

16.      Adoption of Standing Orders & Policies

Copies of the revised Standing Orders and Policies had been circulated to councillors.

Cllr Seaford proposed that they should be adopted. Seconded by Cllr Cloake. All in agreement.

 

17.      Finance

1.                          Completion of Annual Audit Return

Section 1 of the Annual Return was agreed by councillors and signed by Cllr Dr Ley and the Clerk.

 

2.                          Adoption of Accounts

Copies of the 2017/2018 accounts had been circulated to councillors. These were agreed as a true record of the council’s financial affairs.

 

3.                          Receipts

NDC – Precept, Grant Assist & Parish Grant £2115.75

 

4.                          Consideration of Grant to North Devon Record Office

The Clerk reported that he had checked the council’s records, and that it had been agreed in 2016 to make a grant £170 to the North Devon Record Office to help cover the running costs for three years. Consequently no further donation would be made.

 

5.                          Request for Grant – Goodleigh United Church

A request for a grant had been received from Goodleigh United Church towards the cost of maintaining the churchyard.

It was noted that £250 had been allocated in the budget. This was agreed.               Cheque No. 717

 

6.                          Payments

Goodleigh United Church              £20.00                       Cheque No. 710

J & J Bins (March & April)             £52.00                       Cheque No. 711

DALC subscription                          £90.38                       Cheque No. 712                       

Clerk’s Salary & Expenses             £84.42                       Cheque No. 713

Travis Perkins – Play Bark              £355.72                     Cheque No. 716

                                   

The five accounts were approved for payment.

 

18.      Items for the next Agenda:

            Fun Day;  Honey Hill; Play Area;  Village Meeting.

           

19.      Date of next meeting: Tuesday 5 June 2018  

           

20.      Items from the Public

            None.

 

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.20pm.