Please click following link to return to Home Page: -http://www.goodleighparish.org.uk/
Minutes of the Annual Parish Council Meeting held on Tuesday 2 May 2017 at 7:30pm at Goodleigh Village Hall.
Present: Cllrs A Gockmann, Ms L Boyle, Mrs C Karniewicz, Dr S Ley and Mrs P Newell.
In Attendance: 3 members of the public, Cllr M Prowse (NDC), Parish Clerk.
1. Election of Chairman and Vice Chairman
Cllr Gockmann was proposed by Cllr Mrs Newell, seconded by Cllr Ms L Boyle. All in agreement.
2. Vice Chairman
There was no nomination for Vice Chairman.
2. Items from the public
It was reported that the seat in Combe Wood was rotten, and in need of repair.
Overgrown vegetation was reported at Goodleigh, obstructing visibility. Highways to be informed.
Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs A Seaford and Cllr R Edgell (DCC).
4. Approval of Minutes of meeting held 4 April 2017
Min 202. It was noted that it had been agreed to inform Planning of an error in the Local Plan, which stated that the site at Northleigh Hill was for 5 properties, not 3.
The amended Minutes of the last meeting were agreed and signed as a true record.
5. Matters Arising from the Minutes
Min. 184. The guttering on the bus shelter had been repaired by a parishioner. The Council was very grateful for the kind offer to carry out the repairs.
Min. 193. The broken paving slab in front of the post box had been removed.
Planning Enforcement was monitoring the entrance at Chelfham, which had been created to enable work to the bank to be carried out. It was understood that a planning application for the site was expected.
Min. 196. Work on the S106 agreement was continuing.
Min. 199. The spring on the gate to the play area had been repaired.
Min. 201. The new football nets had not yet been ordered.
Min. 202. The letter to the URC regarding potential development of the Playing Field had been sent.
To receive any report not received at the Annual Parish Meeting
1. Applications: None.
2. Decision: None.
1. An appeal had been lodged aginst the enforcement notice issued against the development at Honey Hill. This would be determined on the basis of a hearing. Date to be advised.
2. The next Parish Forum would be held at the Brynsworthy Environment Centre on Thursday 18 May at 7.00pm.
3. North Devon Council advised that although an annual charge was due to be made for emptying the domestic green wheelie bins, a concession scheme had been introduced for community groups. Applications should be made via parish councils.
4. DCC advised a road closure – Collard Bridge Cross to the Shirwell Road, 11 – 15 May for surface dressing.
5. RGB advised that they were donating £1000 worth of building materials to a successful nominated community project each month until March 2018. Nominations to be sent to RGB Communities Fund.
6. Healthwatch Voices – Spring 2017. Noted.
It was agreed to request Highways to cut the verge at Goodleigh Cross, where long grass greatly reduced the visibility for traffic from the village. Also to request a copy of the grass cutting programme for the summer.
It was reported that the gate to the stone depot between Collard Bridge and Chelfham had been left open since the departure of South West Highways. This had resulted in fly tipping. A request to be made to DCC to ensure that Skanska lock the gate.
10. Speed of Traffic through the Village
Concern was expressed over the speed of traffic through the village. The lack of a footpath in parts of the village, and increased use by large vehicles made it dangerous for pedestrians. It was thought that a 20mph speed limit would help. It was agreed to enlist the help of the new county councillor after the election.
A request to be made to DCC for a temporary interactive sign.
11. Play Area
Deferred to the next meeting.
12. Neighbourhood Plan
It was agreed that it was necessary to decide how to involve the community in order to determine the needs of the parish. Information would be prepared in time for the Fun Day.
It was agreed to proceed with the initial stages for preparing a Plan.
13. Fun Day
It was reported that there had been difficulties in booking a bouncy castle. In view of the problems, it was agreed not to have one this year.
The posters and flyers were ready for distribution.
14. Spring Clean
It was agreed to carry out a ‘Spring Clean’ again this year. Various dates were considered before deciding on Wednesday 14 June, meeting at the New Inn at 6.30pm.
15. Matters from the Chairman
It was noted that the Millennium Seat was in need of repair. Cllr Mrs Karniewicz offered to obtain quotes. This was agreed.
1. Completion of Annual Audit Return
Section 1 of the Audit Return was agreed, completed, and signed by the Chairman and Clerk.
2. Adoption of Accounts
Copies of the balance sheet for 2016/2017 had been circulated to councillors.
Cllr Dr Ley proposed that the accounts be adopted as a true record of the council’s finances. Seconded by Cllr Gockmann. All in agreement.
50% Precept and Grant £1876.07
Goodleigh Village Hall – hire £ 22.00 Cheque No. 776
J & J Bins £ 26.00 Cheque No. 777
Clerk’s Salary & Expenses £ 84.42 Cheque No. 778
North Devon Homes £ 22.60 Cheque No. 779
Mr D Mallabone – hedgecutting £278.00 Cheque No. 780
The five accounts were approved for payment.
Millennium Seat; Play Area; Fun Day; Neighbourhood Plan; Traffic Speed through the Village.
18. Date of next meeting: Tuesday 6 June 2017
19. Items from the Public
There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8:40pm.