Please click following link to return to Home Page: -http://www.goodleighparish.org.uk/
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 6 March 2018 at 7:30pm in Goodleigh Village Hall
Present: Cllrs Ms L Boyle, Mrs C Karniewicz, Dr S Ley, Mrs P Newell and A Seaford.
In Attendance: 2 members of the public, Cllr M Prowse (NDC), Parish Clerk.
In the absence of the Chairman the chair was taken by Cllr Mrs Newell.
180. Items from the public
Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs A Gockmannn, M Cloake and Cllr Mrs A Davis (DCC)
182. Approval of Minutes of meeting held 6 February 2018
The Minutes of the last meeting were agreed and signed as a true record.
183. Matters Arising from the Minutes
Min. 150. Cllr Mrs Newell reported that she had been unsuccessful in getting a response from URC, but she would continue to make enquiries..
1. District Councillor
Cllr Prowse reported that at the recent NDC budget meeting, the decision was taken to scrap the proposal to withdraw the Parish Grant. Other grants would be maintained at the present rate.
As the result of recent by-elections, no political party had overall control of NDC.
The council had agreed an increase in its share of the Council Tax of 2.99%. This was a small proportion of the overall Council Tax.
It was hoped that the Local Plan would be approved shortly.
2. County Councillor
A report had been received from Cllr Mrs Davis and circulated to councillors.
The report is addended to these minutes.
64408 Change of use of land to allow siting & use of caravan to provide one unit of holiday accommodation Coombe Farm Goodleigh
It was resolved to recommend approval.
2. Decision - Approval:
64278 Prior approval for change of use of agricultural building to one dwellinghouse (class q(a)(b)) building to the rear of Coombe Close Goodleigh
1. DCC - Road Closure at Northleigh Hill 21 – 25 May. Access would be maintained to land and premises.
2. DCC – Road Closure Igwert Farm to Dean Rewe 25 March. The clerk had advised Highways that the proposed diversion route via Northleigh Hill to Chelfham was unsuitable due to it being a single track road with few passing places. It was noted that the low bridge also made the route unsuitable. Cllr Davis had also been advised.
3. Rural Alliance Agenda & Minutes. Next meeting at East Down Village Hall on 7 March. Noted
4. Woodland Trust - Coombe Woods Management Plan. Noted.
5. Playsafety advised that the annual Play Area Inspection would take place in March/April. Noted.
It was reported that a Barnstaple resident had recently been stopped from taking salt from the village salt bin for private use.
Potholes were reported just outside the village towards Barnstaple, together with 2 at the bottom of Chelfham Hill. To be reported to Highways.
It was reported that there had been further instances of nappies being discarded by the roadside.
188. Social Media
Deferred to the next meeting.
189. Community Development
Deferred to the next meeting.
190. Neighbourhood Plan
Cllr Mrs Newell reported that she had been trying to arrange a meeting of the sub-committee. It was agreed to hold the meeting on Tuesday 13 March at 7.30pm.
191. Fun Day
It was reported that the Twinning committee were willing to organise the dog show again this year.
Enquiries to be made to the mobile library service and school if they were willing to take part. Someone was also needed to organise the ice cream.
It was agreed that a sub-committee meeting should be held to make further arrangements.
192. Matters from the Chairman
Cllr Mrs Newell reminded those present of the exhibition and photo competition taking place on Sunday in the Village Hall.
Goodleigh Village Hall £25.00 Cheque No. 702
J & J Bins – 2 mths £52.00 Cheque No. 703
Clerk’s Salary & Expenses £81.82 Cheque No. 704
The three accounts were approved for payment.
Social Media; Community Development; Neighbourhood Plan; Fun Day; Play Bark; Spring Clean.
195. Date of next meeting: Tuesday 3 April 2018
196. Items from the Public
Thanks were expressed to those who had gritted Northleigh Hill during the recent bad weather..
There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.10pm.