Please click following link to return to Home Page: -http://www.goodleighparish.org.uk/

 

Goodleigh Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 7 March 2017 at 7:30pm in Goodleigh Village Hall

 

Present: Cllrs A Gockmann (Chairman), Ms L Boyle, Mrs C Karniewicz, Mrs P Newell, Dr S Ley and A Seaford.                  

 

In Attendance:  2 members of the public, Cllr M Prowse (NDC), Parish Clerk.                                  

 

Minutes of meeting

 

172.   Items from the public

No matters raised.  

 

173.   Apologies

Apologies for absence were received from Cllr R Edgell (DCC).

 

174.   Approval of Minutes of meeting held 7 February 2017

The Minutes of the last meeting were agreed and signed as a true record.

 

175.   Matters Arising from the Minutes  

Min. 162.    The Tree Beech planning application would probably be going to the planning committee for consideration.

S106 Agreement. Cllr Gockmann reported that a draft lease contract had been submitted.

 

176.   Reports

1.      District Councillor

Cllr Prowse reported that North Devon Council had agreed a 3% increase in the Council Tax for the forthcoming year.

A debate had been held over funding priorities for the coming year. The funding to North Devon + had been cut.

Some funding for the theatres had been agreed. Parkwood would be running the theatres for the next financial year, until further arrangements can be made.

              The Parish Grant and Councillor Community Grant would continue.

The Pay on Exit method of paying at some of Barnstaple’s car parks will be scrapped, and returned to Pay and Display.

 

2.      County Councillor

                  None – County Councillor not present.

 

177.   Planning 

1.              Applications:

62540 Extension to dwelling & erection of detached garage / workshop with ancillary living accommodation over Priory House Snapper Barnstaple

 

         There were no objections to the application.

 

2.              Decision – Approval:

62320 Listed building application for internal & external works at 1 Bank Cottages Goodleigh Road Barnstaple

 

178.   Correspondence

1.      Code of Conduct training for parish councillors would be held at The Castle Centre at 7pm on Monday 19 March.

         2.      Healthy People – details of public meetings.  Noted.

3.      Clerks and Councils Direct. Noted.

 

179.   Surface Water/Drains/Highways

It was reported that Loxhore Parish Council was employing a lengthsman at a reasonable cost. Cllr Gockmann to make further enquiries.                

A pothole was reported in Combe Close. To be reported to Highways.

It was noted that road repairs carried out through the village were beginning to break up.

 

180.   Grass Cutting

A quote for cutting the grass had been received from Mr Mallibone, for the same cost as in 2016. It was agreed to accept the quote.

Mr Mallibone had also submitted a quote for cutting the hedge at the burial ground at Northleigh Hill for £275. This was agreed. Cllr Gockmann to contact Mr Mallibone to request that the hedge is cut as a matter of urgency – before the nesting season commences.

 

181.   Local Plan

Cllr Gockmann reported that details had been uploaded onto the website. It had included the proposed development of the Northleigh Hill site and the site opposite the Village Hall.

It was noted that more than 10 dwellings would be needed in order to facilitate affordable/social housing. It was agreed that it would be necessary to engage with the landowner to ensure that any development had benefits for the community. Cllr Dr Ley offered to contact the landowner.

It was agreed that it would be necessary to start talks with the URC in relation to the Northleigh Hill site.

Cllr Mrs Newell agreed to take a lead on preparing the Neighbourhood Plan, and would contact the URC.

 

182.   Fun Day

         It was reported that everything was in hand.

 

183.   Emergency Plan

Maps had been circulated to councillors by email. It was agreed that cllr Gockmann should print the maps, and that each councillor should be responsible for an area of the parish.

 

184.   Matters from the Chairman           

The Chairman reported that a parishioner had offered to repair the guttering on the bus shelter for just the cost of the materials. This generous offer was agreed with thanks.

 

185.   Finance

1.    Consideration of Future of Various Bank Accounts

It was noted that the Dulcie Ley Memorial A/c was specifically for the memorial on the Playing Field, and could only be used for that purpose.

Money on the Playing Field A/c could be used to purchase football nets etc.

The Leisure A/c contained money raised at events such as the Fun Day and Christmas Lunch. It did not contain any money raised through the Precept or Parish Grant.

 

2.    Receipt

VAT Refund         £81.10

 

3.    Payments

Goodleigh Village Hall – Hire for January   £22.00                 Cheque No. 764

J & J Bins (December and January)             £52.00                 Cheque No. 765

Clerk’s Salary & Expenses                         £82.46                 Cheque No. 766

                          

The three accounts were approved for payment.

 

186.   Items for the next Agenda:

         Lengthsman;  Playing Field Maintenance;  Fun Day;  S106 Agreement; Neighbourhood Plan.

 

187.   Date of next meeting: Tuesday 4 April 2017  

 

188.   Items from the Public

         None.

 

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.55pm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minutes of the meeting held on Friday 24 March 2017 at 6:00pm at Goodleigh Village Hall Car Park.

 

Present:  Cllrs A Gockmann (Chairman), Ms L Boyle, Mrs C  Karniewicz, Mrs P Newell, Dr S Ley and A Seaford.

 

In Attendance:    Parish Clerk.

 

189.   Items from the public

None. 

 

190.   Apologies

No apologies for absence were received, all councillors being present.

 

191.   To agree employing the services of a solicitor to act on behalf of the parish council to draft a lease for land on the North Side of St Gregory’s Church.

 

The Chairman explained that the meeting had been called to progress the council’s lease of the land near the church. This would require employing a solicitor to act on behalf of the council to draft the lease. The cost of this would be in the region of £200 - £300 + VAT and any other disbursements..  

 

It was unanimously agreed to employ the services of the solicitor at North Devon Council to draft the lease on behalf of the parish council.

 

                 

192.   Date of next meeting: Tuesday 4 April 2017.  

                 

There being no further business, the chairman declared the meeting closed.