Please click following link to return to Home Page: -http://www.goodleighparish.org.uk/
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 4 June 2019 at 7:30pm in Goodleigh Village Hall.
Present: Cllrs A Seaford, M Cloake, Mrs C Karniewiez and Dr S Ley.
In Attendance: 3 members of the public, Cllr Mrs A Davis (DCC), Parish Clerk.
22. Items from the public
1. Concerns were raised over milk lorries using the road a Northleigh late in the evening. It was noted that this was not new, but had been happening for some time.
2. It was reported that due to the size of vehicles using the narrow lanes, some of the plastic wheel nut covers were being dislodged.
3. Enquiries were received into the possibility of high speed broadband being extended to Gunn. It was noted that the work to obtain broadband in Goodleigh had been spearheaded by Mr Gockmann, as an individual, to whom any query should be made.
Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs A Gockmann and S Clarke.
23. Approval of Minutes of meeting held 7 May 2019
The Minutes of the last meeting were agreed and signed as a true record.
24. Matters Arising from the Minutes
1. District Councillor
None – District Councillor not present.
2. County Councillor
Cllr Mrs Davis reported that the pavement in Coombe close had been repaired.
Following concerns from local residents over upgrading Bishops Tawton Roundabout a Public Consultation had taken place, and a planning application was being prepared. Landkey Parish Council had requested a footpath over the A361 to link the village to the new development. This had been agreed and a planning application was being prepared. Work to upgrade the Link Road would not result in any daytime road closures, although this would be necessary for a few nights.
Cllr Mrs Davis would ask DCC to contact sat-nav companies to request that their systems did not send vehicles through the narrow lanes as motorists tried to avoid any hold-ups when work was being carried out.
Some planting work on the verges were planned to commence in the autumn.
26. Co-Option of Parish Councillor
No expression of interest had been received.
1. Applications: None received.
2. Decision: Approval:
66523 Listed building consent for alterations to dwelling 1 Braecotte Goodleigh Road
1. Use of Playing Field Car Park. A request had been received from a local resident asking permission to use the car park for a few hours. Due to the circumstances, it was agreed not to object to the request.
2. NDC had requested details of priorities in the village for any S106 funding. It was agreed to discuss the matter at the next meeting.
1. It was reported that the drain at the entrance to the village was blocked.
2. The manhole had been repaired, together with some of the potholes on the Willesleigh road.
3. The kerbstones at Church Close were still loose.
4. Concern was expressed over passengers having nowhere safe to stand whilst waiting for the bus at Goodleigh Cross. It the past passengers used to stand on top of the bank, but the recently erected fence now made this impossible. It was noted that the number of people waiting for the bus, some with buggies, appeared to be increasing. It was agreed to make enquiries into who was responsible in providing a safe waiting area.
30. Update on Tree Beech
It was noted that a response from Planning Enforcement was not due for a further two weeks.
31. Play Area
No quote had yet been received for the necessary repairs to the Play Area. It was agreed to seek a quotation from another contractor if necessary.
32. Neighbourhood Plan
63 hard-copy responses from parishioners had been received.
It was agreed to hold a meeting to agree items to be included in the Plan, it being noted that more members of the sub committee were needed. Cllr Mrs Karniewicz agreed to join the sub committee.
Cllr Cloake to obtain any response received electronically.
33. Village Fete
It was reported that everything was in hand., with a number of stalls etc being booked.
It was agreed to hold a meeting on 12 June to finalise details. It was agreed that posters should be produced.
34. Dog Bin
The clerk advised that a new bin would cost £70 including VAT and delivery. Cllr Seaford agreed to check the existing bin at Coombe Cross to determine whether it could be repaired. Clerk to obtain the price of a larger bin.
35. Matters from the Chairman
North Devon Homes £23.51 Cheque No. 836
Goodleigh Village Hall £25.00 Cheque No. 837
Clerk’s Salary & Expenses £84.62 Cheque No. 858
The three accounts were approved for payment.
Neighbourhood Plan; Play Area; S106; Village Fete; Dog Bins; Tree Beech; Outstanding Highway Repairs.
38. Date of next meeting: Tuesday 2 July 2019
39. Items from the Public
There being no further business, the chairman declared the meeting closed.
Signed . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Date . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .