Please click following link to return to Home Page: -http://www.goodleighparish.org.uk/

 

Goodleigh Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 6 June 2017 at 7:30pm in Goodleigh Village Hall.

 

Present:  Cllrs A Gockmann (Chairman), Ms L Boyle, Mrs C Karniewiez, Dr S Ley and A Seaford.

 

In Attendance:   5 members of the public,  Cllr M Prowse (NDC), Cllr Mrs A Davis (DCC), Parish Clerk.

                                   

Minutes of meeting

 

20.       Items from the public

Concern was expressed in the increase in traffic through the village. It was felt that farm traffic travelling through the village until 1am was unacceptable. It was noted that there was no restrictions on the hours that farms could work, but it was felt that more consideration should be shown by tractor drivers when driving through the village late at night. The Chairman had spoken to the farmer concerned, who would be speaking to the contractor concerned. The farmer would endeavour to prevent a re-occurrence. Parishioners were requested to record details of vehicles being driven inconsiderately through the village.

It was agreed to send a letter of complaint to the contractor concerned. Cllr Ms Boyle to draft.

 

It was reported that the footpath in Combe Close was in a poor condition. This had been caused by vehicles driving on the footpath. It was agreed to contact Highways requesting that the footpath be resurfaced and for bollards to be installed to prevent vehicles driving on it.  

 

21.       Apologies

Apologies for absence were received from Cllr Mrs P Newell.

 

22.       Approval of Minutes of meeting held 2 May 2017

The Minutes of the last meeting were agreed and signed as a true record.

 

23.       Matters Arising from the Minutes 

            None.

 

24.       Reports

1.         District Councillor

Cllr Prowse reported that the Recycle More trial had started. Some concerns had been raised over the three-weekly collection of waste, especially from families with babies in nappies.

The Wainhomes Goo0dleigh Road planning application was due to go to planning committee the following week. Representations at the meeting from parish councils affected by the last extended road closure would be helpful.

                  The Honey Hill appeal would now be considered by written response.

                  The Local Plan was still with the inspector.

 

2.         County Councillor

Cllr Andrea Davis introduced herself as the recently elected councillor for the Combe Martin Rural ward, which now included Goodleigh.

 

She explained that a 20mph speed limit was currently outside DCC policy. The lower speed limit could only be introduced when the speed of traffic was already below 20mph, as it was necessary for it to be self-governing. She would look at traffic surveys conducted in the past.

 

The full report from Cllr Mrs Davis, which had been circulated to councillors, is appended to these minutes.

 

25.       Planning 

1.              Applications:

63005  Erection of detached garage / workshop Priory House Snapper Barnstaple

            It was agreed not to raise any objection to the application.

 

63006  Extension to dwelling Priory House Snapper Barnstaple

It was agreed not to raise any objection to the application.

 

63032  Retrospective application for change of use of out building to wedding & event venue Coombe Farm Goodleigh

It was agreed not to raise any objection to the application.

 

63057  Prior approval for change of use of agricultural building to one dwelling (class q(a)(b)) land at Northleigh Hill Goodleigh

 

            It was agreed to submit the same response as when the application was previously considered:

Concerns were expressed that the area already suffered from flooding, which could be made worse if this application was approved. 

 

63060  Listed building application for internal & external works 1 Bank Cottages Goodleigh Road Barnstaple

It was agreed not to raise any objection to the application.

 

63093  Prior approval for change of use of agricultural barn to dwelling (class qa&b) building on land off Goodleigh Road Barnstaple.

It was noted that the plans did not show the public footpath which ran through the site. The site was shown as being accessed by means of a track, whereas the ‘track’ was a public highway, which was approximately 1.5m below the level of the site.

            Comments to be forwarded to the planning officer.

 

63122  Erection of replacement agricultural building Hoggs Lane Goodleigh

 

It was resolved to recommend refusal, and to submit the same response as for the previous application:

 

The proposed building is to be sited away from the one that it replaces, without any apparent reason. The size of the building is considered to be too big, and unwarranted for the small plot of land for which it is claimed to be necessary.

 

Neighbouring parish application

62382  Expansion of enterprise park (amended scheme details & plans) Tree Beech Rural Enterprise Park Gunn

 

It was noted that the council’s original response would be considered when a decision was made. Councillors to review previous response, and amend if necessary.

 

2.              Notice of Appeal

APP/X1118/C/16/3165537 (3165538) Honey Hill, Snapper, Barnstaple

 

Cllr Gockmann offered to draft a response and to circulate to councilors prior to submission.

 

3.              Decisions – Withdrawn:      

62775        Erection of agricultural building at Hogs Lane Goodleigh.

 

26.       Correspondence

1.         Link Road Improvements. DCC had advised that a Public Consultation would take place 7 June – 28 July into proposed improvements to the A361.

2          Infra Projects had advised that a planning application was to be submitted for a telecommunications base station. Details had been circulated to councillors. As the deadline date for comments had passed, it was agreed to wait until the planning application had been received.

4.              NDC had advised that the next Parish Forum would be on 10 July at 7pm at Brynsworthy.

5.              The next Rural Alliance meeting would be at Shirwell on 25 July.

6.         Clerks & Councils Direct – May 2017. Noted.

 

27.       Surface Water/Drains/Highways

1.     Traffic Speed through the Village

A response was awaited from DCC regarding a speed check in the village.

The Chairman reported that there had previously been a poor response for volunteers for a Community Speedwatch scheme. He would speak to the police regarding this.

 

2.     Blocked drains

Cllr Gockmann reported that he had contacted two companies for quotes to clear blocked drains. Both had been expensive. If Highways were unable to help, he would look at the problem himself.

The owners of Farm had not made the wall where a pole had been replaced, which would possibly cause problems with the drains if the wall wan not rebuilt.

 

28.       Play Area

            It was reported that it would be beneficial to place boarding around the play area to retain the bark.

The Chairman reported that he had placed the order for the football net, and that delivery was expected that week.

 

29.       Neighbourhood Plan

Cllr Mrs Newell had suggested that a letter be sent to village groups and individuals inviting them to a public meeting. The Chairman offered to speak to Cllr Mrs Newell to discuss ideas, and to circulate them to councillors.

 

30.       Fun Day

            Several responses had been received from groups confirming attendance at the Fun Day.

            All the arrangements were in hand.

 

31.       Millennium Seat

            Item deferred to the next meeting.

 

32.       Matters from the Chairman           

            None.

 

33.       Finance

1.     Payments

Goodleigh Village Hall                        £  22.00                       Cheque No. 661

J & J Bins                                            £  26.00                       Cheque No. 662

J Snooks – Internal Audit                    £100.00                       Cheque No. 663

Clerk’s Salary & Expenses                  £  83.10                       Cheque No. 664

                                   

The four accounts were approved for payment.

 

34.       Items for the next Agenda:

            Traffic Speed;  Play Area;  Millennium Seat;  Fun Day.

           

35.       Date of next meeting: Tuesday 4 July 2017  

            Cllr Gockmann gave his apologies for not being able to attend the next meeting.

           

36.       Items from the Public

            None.

 

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 9.20pm.