Please click following link to return to Home Page: -http://www.goodleighparish.org.uk/

 

Goodleigh Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 2 July 2019 at 7:30pm in Goodleigh Village Hall

 

Present: Cllrs A Gockmann )Chairman), S Clarke, M Cloake, Mrs C Karniewicz, Dr S Ley,  and A Seaford.

 

 In Attendance:   7 members of the public, Parish Clerk.                                  

 

Minutes of meeting

 

40.     Items from the public

 An enquiry was received as to whether something could be done to restrict parking at the Longland Close junction. Parked cars were severely reducing visibility for motorists exiting the Close. The Chairman offered to speak to the Highways Officer about the problem on his next visit to the parish.

 

41.     Apologies

Apologies for absence were received from Cllr Mrs A Davis (DCC).

Cllr Prowse was hoping to attend later, after another meeting.

 

42.     Approval of Minutes of meeting held 4 June 2019

The Minutes of the last meeting were agreed and signed as a true record.

 

43.     Matters Arising from the Minutes  None.

 

44.     Reports

1.      District Councillor

              None – District Councillor not present.

 

2.      County Councillor

                  None – County Councillor not present.

 

45.     Co-option of Parish Councillors

         No expressions of interest on being co-opted had been received.

 

46.     Planning 

1.              Applications:

66787         Extension To Dwelling at Cherry Trees Goodleigh

 

It was resolved not to raise any objection to the application.

 

66857         Extension & Alterations to Dwelling at Easter Wood Farm Goodleigh

It was resolved not to raise any objection to the application.

 

66858         Replacement Dwelling at The Yard Easterwood  Goodleigh

It was resolved not to raise any objection to the application.

 

2.              Decisions:  None

 

47.     Correspondence

1.      Parking. Concerns had been raised by a parishioner regarding parking in the village at school start/finish times which were causing problems at the Ackland Road junction. The Chairman would raise this with Highways on the next visit.

2.      NDC: Notification of Code of Conduct Training ay 10am on Thursday 1 August. Noted.

3.      Clerks & Council’s Direct. Noted.

 

48.     Surface Water/Drains/Highways

         1.  Outstanding Highway Repairs

         It was noted that whilst some drains had been cleared, other had not.

 

49.              Update on Tree Beech

         This was currently in the hands of Planning Enforcement.

 

50.     Play Area

One quotation and one estimate had been r4ceived. It was agreed to request the contractor who had submitted the estimate, to submit a quotation for the work.

 

51.     Neighbourhood Plan

It was agreed to look at the ‘other items’ suggested by parishioners. Cllr Gockmann offered to do this. It was noted that another meeting of the Steering Committee would hen be needed.

 

52.     Village Fete

         The Village Hall had been booked from 10am. It was noted that raffle prizes were still needed.

         It was agreed to hold a meeting after the close of the parish council meeting.

 

53.     Dog Bins

It was confirmed that a new bin was needed at Coombe Close. The Clerk advised that the cost of a larger bin was approximately £100. It was agreed that an order for the larger bin should be placed.

 

54.     Priorities for S106 Funding

Before replying to the request from NDC, it was agreed to collate the community feedback from the Neighbourhood Plan questionnaire.

         It was noted that there was no deadline for responses to be submitted to NDC.

 

55.     Matters from the Chairman          

The Chairman reported that he would be meeting the Planning Dept at NDC to ensure that the new Play Area would be transferred to the parish council as a complete package, with no work needing to be done. It was also important to have a satisfactory agreement with all parties regarding the access.

 

56.     Finance

1.    Payments

North Devon Homes                         £  7.50                 Cheque No..839

Goodleigh Village Hall                        £25.00                 Cheque No. 840

Clerk’s Salary & Expenses                £83.22                 Cheque No. 841

                          

The three accounts were approved for payment.

 

57.     Items for the next Agenda:

The Chairman proposed that no meeting be held in August. This was agreed.

Village Fete;  Tree Beech;  Christmas Lunch;  Play Area;  Neighbourhood Plan.

        

58.     Date of next meeting: Tuesday 3 September 2019, although it may be necessary to hold a meeting in August if any planning applications were received.

        

59.     Items from the Public

         None.

 

There being no further business, the meeting closed at  8:10pm.