Please click following link to return to Home Page: -http://www.goodleighparish.org.uk/

 

Goodleigh Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 7 February 2017 at 7:30pm in Goodleigh Village Hall

 

Present: Cllrs A Gockmann (Chairman), Mrs L Boyle, Mrs C  Karniewicz, Mrs P Newell, Dr S Ley and A Seaford.  

 

In Attendance:   7 members of the public, Cllr R Edgell (DCC), Parish Clerk.                              

 

Minutes of meeting

 

156.     Presentation by Colin Savage

Mr Savage was unable to attend the meeting, but had suggested a meeting with councillors to provide an update in planning regulations regarding the provision of affordable housing. This was agreed. Cllr Gockmann agreed to contact Mr Savage to arrange a date.

 

157.     Items from the public

 Concern was expressed over the condition of the road at Lake Hill. This had resulted from the watertables not receiving attention and water/mud running along the sides of the road. Highways to be informed.

Concern was also expressed over the state of the road and verges following work undertaken by contractors working for WPD. It was noted that the work had not yet been completed. Cllr Gockmann offered to contact WPD and request that the area was left tidy.

The general condition of the roads were briefly discussed. It was agreed to discuss it further at a future meeting. It may be necessary for the parish council to undertake some of the work in future. Cllr Dr Ley offered to make an enquiry into costs of employing a lengthsman.

It was reported that the footpath at Combe Close had been damaged by tracked vehicles by contractors working for WPD. 

 

158.     Apologies

Apologies for absence were received from Cllr M Prowse (NDC).

 

159.     Approval of Minutes of meeting held 3 January 2017

The Minutes of the last meeting were agreed and signed as a true record.

 

160.     Matters Arising from the Minutes      

            Min. 142.  Cllr Gockmann reported that he would be meeting the landowner shortly.

 

Rural Alliance meeting. Cllr Gockmann reported on a presentation on changes to services at North Devon Hospital. No decision into proposed changes had yet been made. The NHS was looking at the provision of services throughout Devon. They had been keen to stress that any proposal would be carefully studied before being confirmed. There would not be any consultation until the summer at the earliest.

The roll-out of high speed broadband had now entered phase 2. Unfortunately no supplier for north Devon had yet been found, but phase 2 would probably be better that the service provided under phase 1. It was unlikely that phase 2 in North Devon would be rolled-out within the next 2 years.

Although it was possible to petition BT for high speed broadband, it was unlikely to be successful due to the small population in Goodleigh.

Cllr Gockmann would be speaking to the school governors regarding a community scheme where the inclusion of a school was essential.

 

161.     Reports

1.         District Councillor

A report had been received from Cllr Prowse:

Wain Homes Application. The application may be called in to be considered by committee if there was any evidence that it may be approved.

                  Tree Beech Application.  This may be considered by the planning committee.

Composting.  There was a possibility that changes may be made into proposals to cut the credits paid by 50%.

North Devon Theatres. A small working party had been formed to look at means of retaining the theatres in Barnstaple and Ilfracombe.

 

2.         County Councillor

Cllr Edgell reported that the Recycling Credits were being considered by the Scrutiny Committee on DCC. It was likely that the cut would be phased in over a number of years.

He was meeting Highways on Thursday to look at measures to reduce in future the problems caused with the road closure in Goodleigh Road. He would be putting forward the concerns raised by Goodleigh and Bratton Fleming Parish Councils. The matter was on the agenda for the next HATOC meeting.

 

162.     Planning 

1.                             Applications:

62486  Extensions to provide additional living accommodation 9 Longland Close Goodleigh.

            It was resolved to recommend approval.

 

62320  Listed building application for internal & external works 1 Bank Cottages Goodleigh Road Barnstaple

            It was resolved to recommend approval.

 

62382  Expansion of enterprise park at Tree Beech Rural Enterprise Park Gunn Barnstaple

grid ref: 263207; 133706.

 

The Chairman summarized the council’s response to the previous application for this site.

It was noted that the concerns for Goodleigh were the same as for Gunn, and centered on the increase in volume of large vehicles that could be expected if approval was granted. Recent house building had already resulted in an increase on the road which was also used by cyclists and horse riders. It was reported that there had been two accidents on the road between Goodleigh and Gunn recently.

There were also concerns over the increase in noise and diesel pollution, especially for those living close to the road.

 

It was agreed to object to the application for the same reasons as the previous application, in addition to concerns raised at the meeting. Cllr Gockmann agreed to draft a response and circulate to councilors before submitting.

 

2.                             Decisions:        None

 

163.     Correspondence

1.         Minutes of thy Parish Forum held 15 November 2016 had been received from North Devon Council

2.         Confirmation had been received from Play Safety that they would be conducting the annual inspection of the play area in March.

3.         North Devon Council had advised that they would be holding public meetings during March & April in parishes selected for trials of the Recycle More collection service. They had enquired if the parish council would facilitate this, or if they should organise it independently.

            It was agreed that NDC should arrange the public meeting independently.

3.                             Healthwatch Voices – Winter 2016/17. Noted.  

 

164.     Surface Water/Drains/Highways

            It was reported that the pothole at Snapper had been repaired.  

            The loose kerbstone in Church Close had not been repaired.

A blocked drain near Lake Cottage was causing the road to flood, with mud across the road. To be reported to Highways.

 

165.     Composting Scheme

Cllrs Mrs Newell and Karniewicz had visited the scheme in Bratton Fleming and found it very helpful. Although the scheme was working well, there were concerns that it may not be possible to find enough volunteers to operate a similar scheme in Goodleigh. Having speaking to Goodleigh Horticultural Society, it was agreed that the provision of a suitable site may also pose problems.

            It was agreed not to continue at present, but to consider the matter again if a suitable site became available.

     

166.     Fun Day

            The library service had requested bringing the van to the Fun Day to promote the service. This was agreed.

It was agreed to form a sub-committee to make arrangements for the Fun Day. Cllrs Seaford, Mrs Boyle, and Dr Ley agreed to be on the sub-committee. Cllr Mrs Karniewicz was involved with running the dog show.

 

167.     Matters from the Chairman               

            None.

 

168.     Finance

1.         Receipt

NDC – TAP Fund for Play Bark for Goodleigh/Bratton Fleming £1895.80

2.         Payments

AM Dennis – hedge cutting                              £    78.00         Cheque No. 761

Clerk’s Salary & Expenses                                £    83.74         Cheque No. 762

Bratton Fleming Parish Council                        £1895.80         Cheque No. 763

                                   

The three accounts were approved for payment.

 

169.     Items for the next Agenda:

            Lengthsman;  Fun Day;  Emergency Plan;  Bank Accounts.

           

170.     Date of next meeting: Tuesday 7 March 2017 

 

171.     Items from the Public

            None.

 

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8:45pm.