Please click following link to return to Home Page: -http://www.goodleighparish.org.uk/

 

Goodleigh Parish Council

 

Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 6 February 2018 at 7:30pm in Goodleigh Village Hall

 

Present: Cllrs A Gockmann (Chairman), Mrs L Boyle, M Cloake, Mrs C  Karniewicz, Mrs P Newell and Dr S Ley.  

 

In Attendance:   2 members of the public, Cllr Mrs A Davis (DCC), Parish Clerk.                      

 

Minutes of meeting

 

161.    Items from the public

Details for a forthcoming road closure at Northleigh Hill had been forwarded to Mr Thorne, who had contacted Kier to advise the necessity of keeping the road open to enable the milk tanker to access the farm. It was agreed to contact Highways, stating the need for the road to be kept open for milk tankers and business traffic.

The byway from Combe Cross to Glendale had been closed due to recent flooding, but motor cyclists had removed the barrier and had continued to use the byway. Cllr Mrs Davis offered to contact the rights of way warden.     

 

162.    Apologies

Apologies for absence were received from Cllr M Prowse (NDC).

 

163.    Approval of Minutes of meetings held on 2 & 23 January 2018

Min. 144 was amended to remove the word ’and’ – Second sentence.

Min. 159. ‘Clerk requested to seek clarification of email voting’ added.

 

The amended minutes were agreed and signed as a true record.

 

164.    Matters Arising from the Minutes        

Min. 145.       It was noted that Mr Towsend at NDC had not received the original application. 

Min. 150.       Cllr Mrs Newell offered to investigate the URC covenant further, as no response had been received.

Section 106.  The solicitors had suggested that the parish council should take responsibility for the retaining wall. The council considered that responsibility should remain with the freeholder, and that there would be no flexibility on this. Discussion took place about parking fees. There was no plans for any at this stage.

DCC               Cllr Gockmann had contacted the County Councillor to thank her for the swift response to recent flooding at Lake, and also for the work completed at Goodleigh Cross.

 

165.    Reports

1.         District Councillor

                  No report received.

 

2.         County Councillor

Cllr Mrs Davis reported that the Flood Team had assembled and would produce a report in 3-6 months. She requested a list of vulnerable properties. Lake and Glendale would need to be included, and Orchard House at the bottom of the byway from Bampfield.

Additional funding was available for work such as clearing the road at Bampfield of debris from the storm. It was agreed to request that this work be carried out.

 

166.    Planning 

            1.  Applications:

64278 Prior approval for change of use of agricultural building to one dwellinghouse (class q(a)(b)) building to the rear of Coombe Close, Goodleigh

 

It was agreed to object to the use of the track for access, a safety issue, as the access is on a dangerous junction used by residents and school traffic.
If approved it was agreed to request that the Planning Authority remove permitted development rights to preserve the character of the building.

 

64327 Prior approval for proposed change of use of agricultural building to form 2 dwellings

(class q(ab)) (amended description) building at Northleigh Hill Goodleigh

 

            No comment to make.

 

 

64380 Altertions to dwelling including raising roof to side extension, Eastacott Goodleigh.

 

            No comment to make.

 

 

2.        Decisions:  None received.

 

167.    Correspondence

1.  DCC Highways – notification of temporary 40mph speed limit at Goodleigh Cross to facilitate visibility work. This work had been completed.

2.  Clerks & Councils Direct – January 2018. Noted.

3.  Healthwatch Voices – Winter 2018. Noted.

4.  DCC – Road Closure at Northleigh Hill. Already discussed under agenda item 161.

 

168.    Surface Water/Drains/Highways

Flooding had occurred in the village on 21 January, when Lake was flooded due to the overflow pipe under the road had become blocked. Fire appliances had been needed to pump water out of the cellar. Help had been received in cleaning up. 

Glendale had been flooded, but as in Snapper no help had been received. The homeholders had managed to stop water going into the house. The byway had been closed to allow it to drain and recover.

The Emergency Plan had considered disruption caused by snow, but not flooding. This would be added to the Plan.

 

169.    Social Media

            Deferred to the next meeting.

 

170.    Community Development

            Deferred to the next meeting.

            Cllr Gockmann to make enquiries about the speed gun and training.

 

171.    Grass Cutting

The only quote received had been from Mr Mallabone. Councillors were happy to renew the current contract. 

 

172.    Fun Day

            The date had been set for Saturday 7 July.

 

173.    Bark for Play Area/TAP Funding

Cllr Cloake reported that he had investigated the cost of bark, which was £1895. An application for Community Grant funding for £350 had been submitted.

It was understood that the Clerk was investigating the possibility of TAP Funding. Bratton Fleming Parish Council had agreed for a joint application to be made. 

 

174.    Discarded Nappies by the Roadside

            It was reported that the situation had appeared to have improved recently.

 

175.    Matters from the Chairman                   

            None.

 

176.    Finance

1.        Payments

Goodleigh United Church - hire                £20.00                       Cheque No. 699

Clerk’s Salary & Expenses                         £84.42                       Cheque No. 700

Mr A Gockmann – Website hosting         £35.99                             Cheque No. 701

 

                        The three accounts were approved for payment.

 

177.    Items for the next Agenda:

            Social Media; Fun Day; Community Development; Neighbourhood Planning

 

 

178.    Date of next meeting: Tuesday 6 March 2018  

 

            Cllrs Cloake and Mrs Davis gave their apologies for not being able to attend the next meeting.

                 

179.    Items from the Public

None.

 

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.55pm.