Please click following link to return to Home Page: -http://www.goodleighparish.org.uk/

 

Goodleigh Parish Council

 

Draft Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 1 August 2017 at 7:30pm in Goodleigh Village Hall.

 

Present: Cllrs A Gockmann (Chairman), Ms L Boyle, Mrs C  Karniewicz, Dr S Ley, Mrs P Newell and A Seaford.

 

 In Attendance:   4 members of the public, Parish Clerk.                                 

 

Minutes of meeting

 

53.       Items from the public

None.  

 

54.       Apologies

Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs M Prowse (NDC) and Mrs A Davis (DCC)

 

55.       Co-option of Parish Councillor

An application had been received from Mr M Cloake to be co-opted as parish councillor. No other applications had been received.

It was agreed unanimously to co-opt Mr Cloake, who was welcomed by the Chairman and took his place on the council.

 

56.       Approval of Minutes of meeting held 4 July 2017

Min. 37 was amended to read Combe Close.

Min 42.1.        It had been agreed to place an item on the facebook page to advise parishioners that thr Planning Committee would be considering plans to extend Tree Beech Enterprise Park.

Min. 47.          The quote had been for treated softwood, not hardwood.

 

The amended Minutes of the last meeting were agreed and signed as a true record.

 

57.       Matters Arising from the Minutes 

There were still some replaced poles where the work had not been completed by WPD, which were affecting the drains. Cllr Mrs Karniewicz agreed to contact WPD.

Min. 28.          The football nets had been received and the fence repaired.

            Min. 37.          The grass at Goodleigh Cross had been cut by a parishioner.

Min. 42.1        The Chairman clarified the situation whereby he had disagreed with the wording on the facebook page regarding a recent meeting of the NDC Planning Committee. He apologised if his comments had been misunderstood.

                        He felt that it may be a good idea if the council adopted a social media policy.

Min. 47.          The bench had been replaced.

 

58.       Reports

1.         District Councillor

                  None – District Councillor not present.

 

2.         County Councillor

                        None – County Councillor not present.

 

59.       Planning 

1.              Applications:

63260  Creation of access onto the highway Chelfham Mill Goodleigh

 

            It was noted that the proposed access would serve the house only.

Although councilors had concerns over another access on a fast section of road, albeit in a 40mph limit, it was agreed that the planners should be guided by DCC Highways.

 

63415  Extensions to dwelling 9 Longland Close Goodleigh

 

                                    It was resolved to recommend approval.

 

2.              Decisions

1.     Approval:

63032        Change of use of out building to wedding & event venue (part retrospective) at Coombe Farm Goodleigh

63122        Erection of replacement agricultural building at Hoggs Lane Goodleigh        

 

2.     Refusal:

63187        Prior notification application for proposed development by telecommunications code system operators in respect of base station installation (cell reference ctil/tef 241962) at The Stables Nortleigh Hill Goodleigh.

 

60.       Correspondence

A Public Consultation was being held until 2 October into the Boundary Commission Review of North Devon Council wards. It was agreed to discuss at the next meeting.

            Details of a Local Plan Public Consultation (Brownfield Sites) 20 July – 1 September. Noted.

            Healthwatch Devon.    Noted.

 

61.       Surface Water/Drains/Highways

            Potholes were reported between Combe Close and Church Close. To be reported to Highways.

 

The Chairman reported that he was seeking clarification regarding drains linked to the flood alleviation scheme, and was challenging DCC policy for just an annual clean.

It was apparent that most of the drains in the parish would only be cleaned on an annual basis by DCC. To employ a contractor to ensure that all the drains were kept clear throughout the year would prove to be too expensive, but it may be possible to employ a contractor on an occasional basis.

He proposed that a contractor be employed on a ‘one off’ basis to a maximum of £200. Seconded by Cllr Seaford. All in agreement.

 

It was agreed to contact the Landmark Trust, requesting that the drain outside the Anderton House =br cleared. Cllr Dr Ley agreed to contact the Trust.

 

It was reported that tractors were now travelling much slower through the village. The contractor had been very co-operative and had appreciated the problem.

 

The Chairman reported that the police would assist with a Community Speedwatch scheme, but that volunteers were needed to operate it. It was agreed to advertise the scheme at the forthcoming Summer Show to attract parishioners to assist councillors.

 

Concern was expressed that the road past the school would be closed outside the half term week. It was agreed to request that the work is moved to coincide with half term, emphasising the volume of school traffic that use the road.

 

62.       Bark for Play Area

It was reported that more bark was needed to bring it up to the necessary depth. It had been thought that the bark had gathered at the bottom of the play area, but this was found not to be the case.

            Cllr Seaford offered to make enquiries into the cost of more bark.

 

63.       Neighbourhood Plan

it was reported that some of the residents of Gunn would like to be part of Goodleigh parish. It was agreed to invite them to the next meeting.

 

64.       Community Development

A meeting had been held with the developer. It was noted that the proposed development had grown out of the requirements contained in the emerging Local Plan – housing, public open space, and car parking. Although the number of dwellings now proposed was more than had originally been anticipated, the larger number was required in order to provide a number of affordable homes. Overall the council was satisfied with the number of dwellings being proposed.

It was agreed that the parish council would need to stress the benefits to the parish that the development would provide.

It was agreed to request 20 parking spaces, and that the size of the public open space should be the same size as the current playing field.

           

65.       Matters from the Chairman           

            None.

 

66.       Finance

1.     Payments

Clerk’s Salary & Expenses                              £  83.08                       Cheque No. 670

Goodleigh Village Hall                                    £  22.00                       Cheque No. 671

Mr A Gockmann – football nets                      £  31.58                       Cheque No. 672

Mr M Cullen – seat                                         £195.00                       Cheque No. 673

                                   

The four accounts were approved for payment.

 

67.       Items for the next Agenda:

Neighbourhood Plan; Inclusion of Gunn in Goodleigh parish; NDC Boundary Review;  Christmas Lunch; Drain Clearing; Review of Standing Orders.

 

68.       Date of next meeting: Tuesday 5 September 2017  

           

69.       Items from the Public

            None.

 

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 9:40pm.