Goodleigh Parish Council
Present: Cllrs A Gockmann (Chairman), Mrs C Karniewicz, Mrs P Newell, A Seaford
and Mrs H Wright.
In Attendance: 3 members of the public, Cllr R Edgell (DCC), Parish Clerk.
84. Items from the public
It was reported that the Woodland Trust wanted to manage the grassland in the wood better, and requested support from the parish council to fence off an area. It was agreed to seek more information before responding.
Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs Dr S Ley (representing the parish council at a Rural Alliance meeting) and Cllr M Prowse (NDC).
86. Election of Vice Chairman
It was agreed to defer the item until the council was at full strength.
87. Approval of Minutes of meeting held 6 September 2016
The Minutes of the last meeting were agreed and signed as a true record.
88. Matters Arising from the Minutes
Min. 75. Richard Sables had contacted Cllr Gockmann to advise that Martin Stoddart looked after the Goodleigh area, and that all problems should be reported to him.
Min. 76. An Emergency Plan meeting was being held on Thursday.
The fly-tipping at Crow Hill had been removed. A three-piece suite had been dumped near Bampfield, and had been reported.
A roofing tile on the Playing Field Pavilion had been broken.
The Twinning Association hoped that the Fun Day would continue, and had offered to organise a dog show.
The school had reminded parents of the benefits of parking at the Village Hall when dropping off/collecting children.
1. District Councillor
None – District Councillor not present.
2. County Councillor
Cllr Edgell reported that at a time when libraries were closing all over the country, he was pleased to report that none had closed in Devon. Devon’s libraries had been moved to a Community Interest Company which had just been given charitable status. DCC would continue to give funding to the libraries, but as a CIC founding would be able to be sought elsewhere. The Arts Council had made a grant of £200k towards providing services in libraries. It was hoped to open more libraries in the future.
1. Applications: None.
2. Decision – Refusal:
61556 Prior approval for change of use of agricultural building to one dwelling (class m(a)(b)) at barn at Northleigh Hill Goodleigh
1. Planning Enforcement had advised that, due to being one staff member short, enforcement action was taking longer than normal.
2. On behalf of BT, North Devon Council was conducting a public consultation on
proposals to remove under-used payphones in North Devon, including the one in Goodleigh.
04.10.16 – 2
3. Loxhore Parish council had organised a Drop-In Event on20 October giving a brief overview on Devon Home Choice. It was open for anyone interested in affordable housing.
4. North Devon Council was holding a public consultation on two sections of the Local Plan referring to traveller sites and restricting wind turbine sites.
5. DALC Newsletter.
1. Bear Street Traffic Lights. No response had been received from Barnstaple Town Council.
2. Blocked Drains. It was reported that the open drain near the Anderson House was overgrown. To be reported to Highways.
93. Overnight Parking at Playing Field
It was reported that the car park had been used by a campervan for overnight parking, whereas the car park was provided for users of the playing field. The Chairman agreed to seek legal advice. It was agreed to place a ‘No Overnight Parking’ sign in the car park.
94. Recycling / Composting
It was greed that a composting scheme could be included in a revised Action Plan in order to gauge support for such a scheme. It was noted that a local resident had been involved in the scheme at Bratton Fleming, and would be able to give details of how it worked.
95. S106 Agreement
Cllr Gockmann reported that he had tried to contact the legal department at North Devon Council, but that they had kept missing each other.
Cllr Prowse was dealing with the matter and was aware of the parish council’s views.
He had informed Cllr Prowse that the council felt strongly that there should be no delay in resolving the issue.
96. Christmas Lunch
Cllr Mrs Newell offered to buy everything required for the Lunch. This was agreed.
97. Matters from the Chairman
1. Receipt 50% Precept and Grant £1886.39
J & J Bins £26.00 Cheque No. 740
Goodleigh Village Hall £22.00 Cheque No. 741
N D Homes – Play Area Rent £ 7.50 Cheque No. 742
Clerk’s Salary & Expenses £83.08 Cheque No. 743
The four accounts were approved for payment.
Woodland Trust. Seat Repairs
100. Date of next meeting: Tuesday 1 November 2016,
Cllrs Mrs Wright and Mrs Newell gave their apologies for not being able to attend the next meeting.
101. Items from the Public
There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8:50pm.